Easter background

Friday, February 13, 2009

Not-so-busy-Friday


Actually, today sucked for income. I had 3 kids all day. I had 2 from 11-11 and one from 3-6. And the funny thing is, there was no school today!!

So I got up and gave Heather her pills at 7:30 this morning, then went back to bed. Got up at 9 and exercised, showered, and got ready. Katie and I took Matthew, Heather, Taylor, and 2 daycare kids (Riley & Bronson) to the local nursing home with some valentines to hand out. It was neat, seeing all those people smile at the kids. The kids were apprehensive about approaching some, but did pretty good after the first half-dozen or so. I guess gray hair and wheelchairs can be a little overwhelming,
lol. And after we were done we talked about why we visited the home; that sometimes their families and friends couldn't come and visit them and they get lonely.

Came home and Katie made lunch. I ran to
Meijer to exchange an elbow splint that I bought last night. The one that I got was too small. I've worn the new one pretty much all day & night and I must say that my arm feels better. (I had carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand in October. When I went back to the gym, I over-compensated with my left hand and now have tendinitis (tennis elbow) in my arm). Getting old sucks.....

I tried napping, but couldn't. Got up to clean. Then just did the usual; clean, laundry, feed kids, read books, cuddle with kids, put them to bed, etc.

I watched Diane Sawyer's 20/20 show on people who live in the Appalachian Mountains. Holy sad. They live in such poverty, and some try to get out, but cannot, or will not.

I should get up and finish cleaning, but I've been exhausted for a couple of hours now, so it will probably wait until tomorrow.....

No comments: