Easter background

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

funny last Monday

I forgot to post this earlier, but.....

On Monday I had a doctor's appt. because we may be losing our health insurance later this month due to Jon being laid off. So I figured I'd go to the doctor for my tendinitis, etc. I had my appointment, drove off, got to the post office, and realized that I didn't have my wallet; I had left it at the doctor's. Shit......

So I drive back and go in. When you walk in, to the right is where the receptionists are. There's 2 of them, and they're separated by a wall (for privacy). So I go and stand kind of in between, at the wall, but back a little, so that the one receptionist sees me. She's worked there since we started seeing this doctor; 14 years ago, and she looks at me and puts her finger up for me to hold on, she knows what I want, but she's with someone else. So I wait patiently.....

There's 2 old ladies behind me,and you know how some old people don't give a rat's behind what they say or who they say it in front of? That was them. The one says to the other, "What did you tell the doctor?" Keep in mind that they're obviously hard of hearing, and not wearing hearing aids, because they're talking REALLY LOUD!! The second lady says, "I told the doctor that I couldn't piss!!" OMFG, I started laughing. DEAD silence in that waiting room, approximately 30 people. Not to mention that they're remodeling the lobby/waiting room, and there's 3 people installing flat-screen tv's on the walls, and their cordless screwdrivers STOP!!

So then the second woman continues on, "I went in to see him and he had me go to the bathroom and grab my ankles!!". OMG, I about lost it. By this time, the receptionist was done with the patients ahead of me, but she held a finger up to me and said, "Hold on, Sara, let me take care of these ladies." lmao Wonder why??? Even the little kids in the waiting room were quiet......

So she quickly checked them in and immediately sent them to the back. She got my wallet out of the safe and I left with a smile on my face......

No comments: