Easter background

Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Morning Thoughts

I'm not a morning person. In fact, I suck at mornings. I went to bed at 3 a.m. this morning. Not only am I very productive and get alot done at night ('cuz everybody's sleeping, of course), but I just am not tired. And this morning is no different than any other. Except it's raining. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to sleep when it's raining. So I sit here and want to nap even more.

Before daycare, I worked at Meijer (retail) and primarily worked 2nd, and some third shift. So when I started my daycare, I was only going to be open from 11 a.m. until the next morning, so I could sleep in daily. That's not what the general public has in mind, and I ended up open 24/7.

But, as it works out, Katie (my assistant) is very much a morning person. So we get along really well, lol. Needless to say, I drag ass in the morning & she doesn't. I only get 3-6 hours of sleep at night, so she lets me take a nap during naptime, too. Mmmmm, I luv me some naps!!

Speaking of Katie, she just called me and her car died halfway to work. I wish I could buy her some reliable transportation. She's such a good person; always looking at the bright side of things. Sometimes things just suck for good people. And it's 48 degrees; of course she has her youngest son. He's 3 months. Not terribly cold, but it could get chilly. Her hubby's out hunting and evidently doesn't have his cell phone on him. THERE'S gonna be an ass-chewing, lol.

I have 3 new kids staring in care today. 2 year old Ethan and his 4 year old sister, Chey. Then there's 4 year old Bretten. Ethan will be here in the mornings and his sister after school (she goes half days). Bretten will be second shift; his Mom goes to college in the morning and works at Wesco at night. So I teased her that she can be my popcorn runner!! Wesco sells popcorn buckets at the end of the year for around $8, then the following year you can fill them with popcorn at Wesco for free. And the Wesco in Whitehall has the BEST popcorn, with lots of butter and not much salt. So I'm excited about that..... No, it doesn't take much, lol.

I guess I'll get up and be productive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new blog spot!! Also Shyann saw the pic of you with your day of the week body wash and she says Mom we got that for Sara for her birthday!!! LOL SHE NEVER FORGETS ANYTHING!! Have fun with your blog and vent all you want because really who gives a shit if you offend any one maybe they just shouldnt read it.

Shannon