Easter background

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monday and Tuesday madness

Yesterday flew by; I'm not sure what happened. I had a physical therapy appt. in the morning for the carpel tunnel surgery that I had appx. 6 weeks ago. I actually learned alot. Came home and did stuff, lol. Heather, Taylor, and I had dental appointments after school. All of our teeth looked good. The girls need to brush longer. Funny thing is, I had just had that conversation with Heather the night before. Let's just say that she did NOT want to talk about that, lmao. Went to bed at 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. Got up at 6:30 and was soooo fricking tired. Don't know why...... Oh yeah, it's because I got my new Palm Pilot on Monday and stayed up all damn night playing, figuring it out, and setting up my calendar & stuff.

I went on a field trip (excuse me, it's called a "study trip" now) with Taylor's 3rd grade classmates to Camp Pendalouon. It really is an awesome place, and the counselor's are GREAT!! They are so enthusiastic and are so patient with the kids and all their questions. They learned about Native Americans and how they lived back in time.
During one session, they had set up logs held up in between 2 trees and gave the kids tomahawks. No really, a real tomahawk, which made us parents scratch our heads. Anyways, the kids went to the logs, took 7 steps (that had to do with how many rotations the tomahawk would make), and threw it. All the kids either had their tomahawk stick in the wood (a few), but most hit the wood and fell to the ground. Taylor's, on the other hand, flew 3 feet OVER the wood pile, and almost hit a squirrel 20 feet away!!! OMG, it was so damn funny!! That poor squirrel probably shat itself while running away crying!!! We had a good laugh from that.....
The kids also learned about how Lumberjacks worked and got to do some hands-on stuff, too. They cut wood, dragged logs with the tools that the lumbermen used, etc.I went back into Whitehall to pick up Heather's meds from Walgreens, then took some to the school. Came home and was exhausted, so Katie sent me to bed (not that I went kicking and screaming, lol). I woke up about an hour later when the kids got up from their nap.

I had my Intro. to Early Childhood Education class tonight. We can turn in homework early, so I had done a written report (one of 2) and one of the oral reports (one of 4), too. Last week in class, our instructor told us that we had to read chapters 1 through 5 in one of the 3 books. Hmmm, sounds like alot, 5 chapters. Until I opened it up and saw that it was the WHOLE DAMN BOOK!!! lol OMG, that was alot of reading (on NAECY'S principles). I admit, I only got about halfway through it. Turned out ok, though. Thankfully next week's homework isn't so lengthy.

And that's it. I'm trying desperately to catch up, but probably will go to bed soon, and it's only midnight. 3-4 hours of sleep the past 2 nights have caught up with me........

No comments: