Easter background

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15, 2009

Another day almost down…… I've been sick for the past couple of days. We got together at Mom & Tom's for Easter dinner on Sunday and Justin and Mom ended up sick, too. I've had body aches, nasal discharge (isn't it amazing how much snot one can produce???), had a 101* temp last night, and I just wanted to scratch my sinuses right out!! But I'm better today. Really tired and snotty, but I think it's on it's way out since there's no more fever or chills.

Heather & I were supposed to go camping with her Girl Scout troop this week-end. It was a service week-end, and we were going to help do spring cleaning at the GS camp. But then Connie (troop leader) learned that we weren't staying in cabins after all, they were called "tent cabins". I'm thinking like a big tee-pee or something. But they're un-heated. Ummmm, no thank you!! It's been 30*-35* at night. I'm sure not all of the girls even have decent enough sleeping bags for that kind of weather. So we bailed out. We are going to Mackinac Island in June, though, so that will be fun.

I had classes today. They're going pretty well. I'm really learning a lot in the Comp 2 class, and liking it, too. My instructor is very clear and gives great instructions. Our first paper is due next week, so we'll see. All of the papers are argumentative and are in APA format. Last quarter's paper's were in MLA format. Figures, lol. Now I have to learn a new writing style. Evidently more and more schools are going with the APA format, and just not using the MLA much anymore. So at least I have the basics of MLA down; I won't be totally in the clouds if assigned that writing style again.

I really like the psychology class, too. I've always had an interest in human/social services. I could switch my major, but am not ready to. Haven't decided, I guess. I would love to teach preschool age; we'll see. Since I'm only taking a couple of classes per quarter I'll be 90 before I get a degree, lol. That's ok, I really like going to school.

Ewwwww, I'm watching CSI New York right now, and the M.E. pulled out a dead person's stomach, emptied the liquid green stuff, then smelled it. Lol

After school I stopped at Walgreens & picked up Heather's scripts. Then I went to Whitehall to pick Heather up from Girl Scouts. Came home and ate, then packed up Heather, Taylor, and Brianna and took Heather to softball practice. She did pretty well, and didn't lose much ability since last year. Taylor had fun; I finally let her go over to the playground. It's scary to let her go play on her own. I mean, she was with a friend, but it was one of those times where you hope (as a parent) that you've taught your kids what to be leery of and how to be careful and safe when not right in front of you…….

Came home and got the kids snack, Taylor took a shower, and got the kids to bed. Now it's time to play catch-up. Honestly, I don't know where the time goes….. Oh wait, I'm blogging, lol. I know that I have a lot on my plate, but it's how I live and I'm really happy with (the majority of) my life. I get over-whelmed about once a week, but "this too shall pass". And I know in my heart that I'm doing what's best for my kids. For the most part I can be there for their extra-curricular activities and school stuff. I do get busy with daycare, but I have 2 amazing assistants who help me out where/whenever I need it, and for that, I am grateful.

Ok, rambling done….. gotta get to my to-do pile and back to my popcorn. Hey, I have my priorities, ya know….. J

No comments: