Easter background

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Poor Hoover....


One of my INDOOR cats has fleas. Seriously, how does that happen? lol So I went to PetsMart today and got some flea meds. I've done this on her before; it's the kind that you squirt on the scruff of her neck. But this time I bought a different kind, since I've had to do this before. She hated it last time, and she hated it this time.

But this time I wrapped her up in a blanket (not very well, though), and Katie squirted her. Katie missed, lol. Hoover hauled ASS back to my bedroom to sulk under my bed. She came out a while later and I saw that she was licking it. After seeing on the box to NOT let the cat get the meds into her mouth, I got a little concerned. So I called my vet's after hours number. He said that the otc stuff can be lethal if ingested, so she needed to be bathed in dilluted dishsoap. Great..... we've done that before, and let me tell you, Hoover HATES water.

So I put on a sweatshirt and some gloves and had Taylor shut the bathroom door behind us. Hoover knew as soon as she saw the tub of water. I did the best that I could, and I hope I haven't killed my kitty. She's on my bed now licking herself. That's gonna be one sore tongue!! lol

No comments: